As summer is approaching, we are taking out our summer dresses and beach tops. While we prepare for a fun and relaxing vacation, we must not forget to take care of our hair. Summers are hard on our skin and even harder on our and can result in dry and damaged hair if not taken care of properly. As you enjoy your pool time or swim away your troubles in the cooling water of oceans, here are a few Dos and Don’ts For Hair Care in Summer.
Do’s for Hair Care in Summer
While you enjoy your summer vacation or labour to your work on a hot summer day, here are a few tips that will keep your hair healthy.
- Wear a breathable fabric hat or cap that will protect your hair against direct sunlight and also ensure that it receives ample air to avoid sweating.
- Use a natural hair cleanser to clean out the scalp and excessive oil to keep your hair hydrated.
- Drink a lot of water as during summers our body gets dehydrated due to sweat which also affects the hair health.
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet that will help to nourish the hair follicles.
- Wash your hair regularly using a cooling shampoo to keep your scalp and hair hydrated and refreshed.
- After the wash, let your hair dry out naturally and gently comb it with a thick-toothed comb.
- Use a serum or oil when going to a pool or ocean to minimise the impact of chlorine or saltwater.
- Use DIY packs such as curd and lemon to soothe your scalp and nourish them simultaneously.
Don’ts for Hair Care in Summer
Here are a few things that you should avoid during summers to keep your hair healthy and shiny throughout the season.
- Avoid using artificial and chemical-based SPF spray-on on your hair as it might cause damage to your hair.
- Avoid using oil-based hair care products as the oil will make you feel hot and also block the hair follicles.
- Do not tie your hair in tight ponytails or buns as due to sweat, your hair becomes weak, and by tying it tightly, you might damage them and cause more hair fall.
- Do not wash your hair with extreme cold or hot water. Room temperature water is ideal for summers.
- Avoid using a hairdryer or artificial method of drying hair.
- Minimise the use of hair care products to allow your hair to breathe.
Summer is a great season to go out and have fun as you are not crippled by the harsh winters forcing you to stay in the comfort of your home. However, as you venture out and have fun, make sure to follow this guide of Do’s and Don’ts to avoid any damage to your hair.
Bonus point – Only use natural ingredients based hair care products such as Macadamia, Coconut or Grapefruit, as they have healing and cooling properties that will nourish your hair and prepare it for the upcoming winters. You can rely on Coco Soul’s Shampoo that is enriched with Virgin King Coconut Oil, Godapara and Kikirindya and avoids all harmful chemicals commonly present in shampoos.